- Best Practices in Dietary and Food Service - August 6, 2014
- Nursing Conference Call On Navigating Your Quality Measures Report - August 7, 2014
- Learning to Lead: Three Essential Skills - September 9, 2014
- Rewind to the '70's: Celebrating 10 Years of Resident Conventions - September 17, 2014
- Dementia Beyond Drugs: Changing the Culture of Care - September, 2014
- 2013 MHCA Annual Report
The Mississippi Health Care Association (MHCA) was established as a trade association in 1953. MHCA is Mississippi's oldest and largest association of nursing homes, personal care/assisted living homes, and Intermediate Care Facilities for the Intellectually Disabled and is the state affiliate of the American Health Care Association.
MHCA's members innovate, invest and drive the growth of resident-centered work. Some 17,000 residents rely on member facilities to demonstrate excellence by assisting with their daily needs, providing quality health care, and assuring safety.
The Association ensures the ongoing success of long term care workers through workforce development, education and training opportunities for all disciplines on the care team, and demonstrating unwavering commitment to representing the long term care providers' concerns to decision-makers at the state and national levels..
MHCA STRATEGIC GOALS:
- Positively affect the quality of life for residents
- Secure appropriate reimbursement
- Optimize political and regulatory relationships
- Improve public perception